Sunday, April 26, 2015

The Big Dogs.

Tuesday we had a game. This game was a test for my guys. We were playing a 14 year old team and my guys are all 13 and below, except for one 14 year old. This team was gigantic! Five players were six foot,  200lbs or more and they threw harder than what any of my guys had seen before.
Shortly after we took a full team infield and my guys did horrible. I called them off, had them run, and hoped for the best.
The game started and it was rough sailing. Each leadoff hitter in the inning for the opposing team hit a double and eventually scored. My team didn't get any offense going until the 4th inning. Then we had a great inning but didn't score any. We left with bases loaded. The next inning we scored eight runs. It was our game at that point. The other team caved in and the better team emerged. It was the best game I've coached.

8 comments:

  1. That is great! It is a perfect example of the product of perseverance and tenacity. Good luck on future games.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is an accomplishment of coaches and players when they overcome adversities like size difference, nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is an accomplishment of coaches and players when they overcome adversities like size difference, nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! That is quite large for such a young team!

    ReplyDelete