Monday, March 30, 2015

First Scrimmage.

We had our first scrimmage this past Sunday. We played a lower level single A team and it was quite an experience for me. I made my first lineup card and had my first coaches meeting. It was completely informal but still, it was an experience. We played a team called the Topeka Force. I won't get too in detail about the game but it was easily our game. The final score was 4-4 (we had to quit due to time and sunlight). We had about 10-12 hits as a team and committed no errors in the field. The other team however had no hits and no errors. No hits!? Yep, no hits for their entire team. My 3rd inning pitcher did not do well at all. He gave up about six walks and hit two batters. If it were an actual game and our record were on the line, he would have been pulled much earlier. I had a few coaches in my ear asking why he hadn't been pulled yet but I wanted to test him. He got himself in to that mess so I wanted to see if he could get out. I went out there and had a mound visit with him and he ended up striking out the next batter. Then he fell back in the same routine of walking hitters. Other than that subtle ugliness, the game was ours if it were an actual game. Especially if it were a full seven inning game.

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully the next time you guys play, the pitcher would know how to get himself out of that situation.

    ReplyDelete